If you’ve been online for any length of time, someone has told you that you need to set up a shop. But selling products is more than just throwing a product on your page and hoping for the best. It takes intention, preparation and a whole lot of heart to bring your product based business to life.
In this episode of the Blog Fuel Podcast, we’re talking all about setting up shop. Tune in, you’re not going to want to miss this one!
- Be passionate about what you do. Without passion, you set yourself up for failure.
- Starting a business requires more than having a good idea. You need to put intentional thought into it.
- When selling products, you need to determine a niche. Having products all over the place gives the flea market feeling that potential customers will pick up.
- Before you list a single thing in your shop, you need to ensure that you have your brand identity squared away. This includes all graphics in your shop.
- Policies need to happen from day one. Include things like your shipping policy, your return policy and more.
- Never ever stop marketing. The age old saying “if you build it, they will come” does not apply to online shops. But don’t share the same thing over and over again. Consider your followings experience when creating a social media strategy.
- Don’t be a sleazy marketer. Instead, share the fire and passion you have for the products you create. That passion is contagious!
- People won’t understand the value of your products if you don’t show them. Let your products be seen as a premium purchase!
- Taxes are important. Be sure to check your local tax laws to see what the requirements are before selling products.
- Packaging creates an experience! You want your customer to feel like they are getting a present!
- Never EVER send glitter in a package. Seriously. Thats no good.
- Packaging can be determined by the feeling you want your customer to have when opening your package.
- When choosing a platform, take into consideration sales fees.
- Self hosting is SO easy! But you need an SSL to ensure that you’re actually keeping customer data safe.
- Blog Fuel is getting a new home on the web! And we want to showcase you! Click here and upload your headshot to be included on our community page.