It’s time that we say it. It’s time that we drop it. It’s time that we get over it. And I’m not talking about anything crazy. I’m talking about something that we all do every day. Something we all can get caught up in.
It’s time to stop turning reasons into excuses.
- Happy 4th of July, y’all! I hope your day is full of fireworks, friends and fun!
- 5 years ago, my life turned upside down. And that shift made me the queen of coming up with reasons for why I couldn’t and wouldn’t succeed. I thought these were all valid reasons and while some were, others were not.
- Fast forward to January of 2017. I had a surprising turn of events and everything changed. It was then that I realized I was the one holding me back.
- Excuses are easy to make… it gives us a reason to stay where we are and to not move ahead.
- Fear is often at the root of excuses. And we’re often guilty of making up the silliest of excuses to prevent ourselves from growing.
- Here’s a liberating fact. There are no rules in business. There is nothing preventing you from doing big things. However, we let rules and guidelines become an excuse and that’s just not fair to ourselves.
- If there’s something you’re feeling passionate about but you think that you need a new website, new headshots or anything like that… it’s probably an excuse.
- Identify excuses. Put them in their place. And remember… you are in control of your success. You are in control of your happiness. And you absolutely deserve nothing but the best.
- Stay tuned for episode 005! For the first time, I’m having a guest on the Life Made Lovely podcast and we’re talking about a serious issue. But I can’t tell you more or I’ll tell you everything. I’m that excited!